Nineteen (Special Post)

by

Assalamualaikum w.b.t

(I'm writing this while listening to Sebiru Hari Ini by Edcoustic so pardon me if I get emotional in some parts of my post )

Hellloooooooo /cough/ omg banyaknya habuk ok sorry tak lame joke kbye.

Haahahahahaha okay sooooooo hnmmm. Padah lama tak blogging. I'm currently experiencing writer's block but I'll try my best to blog. Okay sooo why is it after months of abandoning this humble blog, I decided to write something? Well, it's because of #EJCamp y'allsssss!!!!!

Wait whaaaaattt in the world is #EJCamp?

#EJCamp is a camp organized by Malaysia's famous twitter-based English learning platform (am I using the correc term?) which is EnglishJer. It's the first time ever they organized a camp for their lucky followers (I'm one of them) which were selected through applications and essays.

(p/s: sapa tak kenal EJ dia lame HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH K tak sorry bye)

So, I spent my previous weekends attending #EJCamp at Nur Laman Bestari. THE. CAMP. WAS. BEYOND. AWESOME. I cannot find a word more awesome than AWESOME to describe how AWESOME IT WAS MAN!!!

The first day.... was awkward. Since I am half introvert and socially awkward, I hardly spoke to anyone at KL Central while waiting for the bus to the campsite. So, I basically sat further than other people and looking at the never-ending crowd. Naik bas pun mcm tu jugak. Senyap je. We arrived at the campsite at around 5, I think. The campsite was, Subhanallah.... Cantiknya. With the crystal clear river and the greenery of trees and the freshness of the air.... Masya Allah. Once we arrived, we set up the tents and washed ourselves up and had dinner. The first session was briefing with the Camp Masters and ice breaking. We played this game called Two Truths, One Lie. Mine was;

1. My dad is a Chinese
2. I could eat a plate of plain rice and budu just like that.
3. (ok sorry I forgot the 3rd one)

Guess which one is the lie? YASSSSSS THAT'S CORRECT! NUMBER 1 IS A LIE /claps my hands and give you a standing ovation/

And then we were told to find the camp master that we were assigned to. Mine was Kak Atiqah. And you know what? She's like, a grown up version of me! We have almost similar personality and interest and life stories and she's from Kelate too yeayyy! It was fun talking to her and I felt comfortable with her immediately. We went back to the campsite and it's CAMPFIRE TIME! The guys lit up a campfire and we sat around it, sharing stories (creepy and ghosts stories were included and I kinda chickened out a bit blerghhhh Dina is such a scaredy cat) and ate marshmallows (Thank you Fahani /throws a bunch of hearts for you and your marshmallows/) and that's the end of Day 1.

Day 2.
My tent mates and I woke at 5.45 am and we showered. WE TOOK A SHOWER AT 5 FREAKING AM. I definitely regretted the decision to shower once the coldness of the water reached my feet. Mana tak sejuk wehhh air direct from bukit kotttttt!!!! Lepas tu solat then tidur balik MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Teruk perangai anak dara ni tidur lepas subuh heh macam mana nak kahwin /smh/

The first session for the day was a talk about confidence with Sharifah Amani. For this, I really thank Allah for giving me the chance to attend this camp. Every words, every words that came out from her mouth was so inspiring, Masya Allah. It felt like a wake up call for me. What I remember the most is when she talked about surrendering herself. Surrender as in berserah pada ketentuan Allah, ONLY AFTER YOU'VE WORKED YOUR ASS OFF. To me, she really applied the concept of 'Faidza adzamtu fatawakkal'alallah' which means, 'selepas kamu beradzam(berusaha), bertawakal lah kamu kepada Allah' which I'm still trying to instill it in myself. And another thing that I striked my heart was when she said,

'He texts us and calls us 5 times a day kot. But kita mcm kadang2 buat, kadang2 malas, kadang2 lambat. Kan? What do you feel when someone replied to ur text late? Pissed off lah kan? Haaa. Dia kan Pencipta kita. Try lah. Usaha to answer His calls. Answer His calls cus He is always listening.'

:)